This week I’m going to share my free pattern for making the skirt shown above. This skirt is too small for some 18-inch dolls like American Girl, Madame Alexander, and similar-sized dolls, but it fits the 18-inch BFC Ink dolls perfectly (see image above).
It will also fit the vintage Crissy dolls from the Ideal Toy Corporation:
And this week’s tutorial will show you how to add a simple embellishment to the skirt. We’ll be attaching the crocheted lace that you see in the image below, but that embellishment is optional:
Here are all the free printable sewing patterns for making the skirt shown above:
- Free printable PDF sewing patterns for 18-inch narrow-bodied dolls’ skirt
- Free printable MS Word patterns for 18-inch narrow-bodied dolls’ skirt
Tomorrow I’ll post the free tutorial video showing everyone how to make this skirt, including tips for sewing a decorative lace edging to the skirt.
If you enjoy using my free patterns and /or you like to learn from my video tutorials, please show your appreciation by telling your friends, family, and fellow sewists all about this website:
- You can pin my patterns on Pinterest.
- You can post or like them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
And please be aware that website renovations are still going on behind the scenes…
The poster advertising a poetry-related event at the University of Arizona was used with permission.