Have you ever wondered how I made the tiny sewing room that appears at the start of my sewing tutorials? Today I’m going to show you how I made my original sewing room, some of the problems I’ve had with it, changes I’ve made to it, and a few tips/tricks for building your own dioramas.
I threw in a quick look at bloopers and goofy stuff related to my doll-clothing-design experiences, toward the end of the video, just for fun!
Let’s hope it brings a smile to all of your faces!
Here are links to some of the products and services that I mention in the video:
- My “How to Design Doll Pants from Scratch” course, which costs $19.99 on the Creative Spark Online Learning platform
- Rust-oleum American Accents Spray Paint (bonds to plastic)
- Removable Glue Dots (these hold things still while you film in stop motion)
- 1:6 Scale Dress Form (I spray painted mine)
- Gloria’s Home Office Play Set (It looks like this company has changed hands…?)
- Galoob Sewing Machine
- 1:12 Scale Antique Sewing Machine
- Link to my tutorial for making the ironing board
- Pattern for making the ironing board