Today I’m giving you my free sewing pattern and tutorial for making this adorable ironing board. It’s about the right size for 11″ or 11.5-inch (29 to 30 cm) fashion dolls. We call that 1:6 scale, in official “miniature” terms.
To save space, I added a jeans pattern to the ironing board pattern. If you want to see which tall dolls will fit in the jeans pattern, please go to this older blog post.
And now, here are the pattern and tutorial for making this adorable ironing board:
- Free printable PDF sewing pattern for making an ironing board and its cover
- Tutorial for making the ironing board
- Click here for a link to the older JPG version of the ironing board pattern (no cover)
The earlier version of this pattern was not in PDF format, and also, it didn’t include the ironing board cover. The new version includes that cover pattern.
Tomorrow’s tutorial will give you instructions for sewing your ironing board cover together.
On a side note, when I created this ironing board, I did a whole series of tutorials on how to design your own sewing room for dolls. Here are links to those videos as well:
- Doll dress form project
- Doll desk remodel project
- Doll wardrobe repaint project
- Doll office chair project
- Diorama tips and tricks
I’ve actually remodeled my sewing room since those videos were made. Here’s how my new sewing room looks:
Here are some helpful ways to share the images found on this page:
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can like them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
Since my photos are watermarked with my website’s URL, it actually helps this website grow if you share these photos. So please help spread the word about my free patterns and tutorials! Share away!