Happy March, everyone!
I posted this dress as a Monster High pattern last St. Patrick’s Day, but imagine my surprise when I discovered that it also fits my new/used Merida Disney Princess doll!
Hopefully no one will be upset by the fact that Merida is actually Scottish, not Irish! 😉 It’s just that I stumbled across the fact that she’ll fit in this dress, so why not share my discovery?
So with St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner once again, I thought I’d re-post this free pattern and add the bloomers pattern to the set, simply because the bloomers look so adorable with this little dress.
Here are those free patterns and tutorials for your St. Patrick’s Day sewing adventures:
- Free printable PDF pattern download for the dress
- Free printable MS Word pattern download for the dress
- Tutorial video showing how to make the dress
- Tutorial video on how to sew cuffs using bias tape
- Free printable PDF pattern download for the bloomers
- Free printable MS Word pattern for the bloomers
- Tutorial video showing how to sew the bloomers
Now you’ll notice that I don’t have any shoes for Merida. Do any of you make shoes to fit this size doll? If so, please leave a comment with a link to your Etsy store. I need to buy her some shoes!
Need some help with some of the sewing basics for this project? Check out my “Helpful Tips” page, which has links to tutorials on everything from the whipstitch to pattern printing.
I’ve also got a page that explains my motives for offering all the free stuff you need, to sew doll clothes for dolls of many shapes and sizes.
One thought on “#MeMadeMonday: a #StPatricksDay dress for Disney #Princess #dolls @ ChellyWood.com”