Every now and then, I get a request for doll clothes patterns to fit the Disney Princess line of dolls. Often these requests don’t specify which doll the sewist is creating clothes for.
The problem is that Disney Princesses come in many shapes and sizes, as you can see in the image below.
There’s even a number of Disney Princess dolls in larger “toddler” sizes, like the Disney Animators‘ doll series. Have a look at my toddler-style 13-inch Elsa, for example:
So when people ask me to design clothes for the Disney Princess dolls, I never can tell which dolls they’re requesting patterns for! I do enjoy sewing for all the sizes I own, though.
For today’s #TapeMeasureTuesday, I’m going to focus just on my Merida doll, which is one of the 11″ Hasbro Disney Princesses from 2015.
Here are the measurements for my Merida doll for sewing purposes (seam allowances not included):
- Neck circumference… 4 cm
- Neck to shoulder seam… 1.5 cm
- Bust 9.7 cm
- Collar to true waist… 5.1 cm
- Underarm to true waist… 3 cm
- Sleeve inseam (underarm to cuff)… 7.4 cm
- Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff… 7.8 cm
- Sleeve circumference… 3.9 cm
- Waist… 8 cm
- Hip circumference… 11.7 cm
- Pants inseam (crotch to just below the ankle bone)… 12.5 cm
- Pants outseam (waist to just below the ankle bone)… 16.6 cm
- Pants leg circumference (upper thigh)… 6.8 cm
- Height not including hair… 11 inches or 28 cm
If you follow me on Instagram, you’re probably aware that I’ve got more Disney Princess patterns in the works. My Moana dress is currently sitting on my sewing room table in its final stages. Eventually, I plan to post that dress pattern right here. But my pattern projects have recently taken a backseat to all the website re-design projects I’m working on behind the scenes.
If you love my patterns and tutorials, though, there’s a wonderful way for you to show your appreciation: please tell the world about my FREE sewing patterns!
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can post or like them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
To read more about my free sewing patterns and tutorials, please visit the “Helpful Tips” page.