For your free patterns and tutorial videos, please scroll down to the THIRD set of bullets.
As you can see in the images above and below, today’s free pattern is for a 10 inch posable Moana doll. It fits a number of other dolls, as you’ll see below, but I especially like how these colors look on Moana for the holidays! What a nice gift this will make for a child at Christmas time!
The pattern and tutorial for the Mary Jane style shoes is also available with today’s patterns, but be advised that I first designed this shoe pattern to fit Monster High and Ever After High dolls.
I was really surprised when I discovered it will also fit Moana’s feet.
Please be advised that the dress that you’ll find on the pattern page with the shoes — that dress will not fit Moana.
To make the sleeveless top, you’ll need a little bit of craft felt, and to make the skirt, you’ll want some holiday fabric with a small print. Of course, if you’re making this outfit at some other time of year, there are plenty of other small print fabrics to use.
To make the shoes, you’ll need the following:
- for the side “wall” of the shoe, the toe ribbon, and the elasticized ribbon, use 1/2 inch (approx. 1 cm) ribbon or decorative elastic
- you’ll also need some beading (cord) elastic to place inside the ribbon (unless you choose elasticized ribbon, which is stretchy enough by itself)
- for the toe of the shoe, use cotton fabric
- for the heel ribbon, use 1/8 inch ribbon
- for the inner sole (in spite of what it says on the pattern), you’ll need both cotton fabric and some craft foam
- for the outer sole, you’ll need some more craft foam
Today’s patterns will fit these dolls*:
- Disney’s 10 inch Moana dolls
- Rainbow High 10 and a half inch dolls
- Monster High female dolls*
- Ever After High female dolls*
- DC Superhero Girls dolls with removable shoes*
*For all the dolls with the asterisk, the felt shirt will be too big. However, you can make them a similar shirt, using patterns on their respective gallery pages, on this website.
Here are your free, printable PDF sewing patterns and tutorial videos for making the outfit shown at the top of this page:
- Free printable PDF sewing pattern for a 10 inch fashion doll holiday skirt and felt top
- Tutorial showing how to make the skirt
- Tutorial showing how to make the top
- Free PDF sewing pattern for the shoes
- Tutorial showing how to make the shoes
Here are additional tutorial videos that may help you with your sewing project:
- How to do a whipstitch
- How to sew snaps on fabric
- How to do a backstitch
- How to gather fabric
- How to do a baste stitch
- How to pull elastic through a casing
- How to use a needle threader
- How to do a basic straight stitch
- How to use bias tape
- How to choose fabric
- How to tie a knot using a needle and thread
- How to measure a doll
- How to press seams open, using a hot iron
- How to sew rickrack
- How to use selvage
- How to attach ribbon to doll clothes
- Tips on sewing with lace
For more of my free tutorials, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel, ChellyWood1.
Is this pattern close to what you were looking for, but maybe you’re wishing the pattern was slightly different? If so, my Creative Spark class, “How to Alter Doll Clothes Patterns” may be just what you need to make these patterns into the pattern you see in your imagination.
For any class on Creative Spark, you don’t have to follow a schedule. Just sign up when you’re ready.
It’s a one-time fee for the course, and there’s no specific time limit to finish your course. You can just take your time and learn at the pace that suits you. So go check out my paid courses on Creative Spark, using this link.
Disclaimer/Credit/Affiliate Marketing Links:
To honor the trademark rights of the doll companies mentioned in this blog post, I am including links to their websites here. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned, but the links below do not necessarily help support this website (whereas the links in the bulleted list at the top DO support this website, as the top links are affiliate marketing links).
DC Superhero Girls, Monster High dolls, and Ever After High are products offered by Mattel, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Mattel Toys website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Disney Princess, Moana, and Disney fairy dolls are products offered by the Disney corporation, which holds the trademark for them (™). Please visit the Disney Toys website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.