Today’s tutorial video shows you how to make a Christmas stocking for your 1:6 scale dollhouse or diorama.
And the pattern for the stockings also has a pattern for sewing a simple outfit that will fit dolls like modern and Made-to-Move Barbie, Queens of Africa, and Disney Princess 11 inch fashion dolls.
The following links will help you make not only the miniature Christmas stockings, but the fashion doll clothes holiday outfit as well.
- Free printable PDF sewing pattern for Christmas stockings, felt shirt, and bell skirt
- Tutorial video showing how to make the felt shirt (posted some time ago)
- Tutorial video showing how to make the bell skirt shown in today’s video
If you have (or buy) a little craft felt, holiday cotton fabric, fuzzy trim for the stockings, 1/4 inch folded bias tape (for the shirt straps), Dritz 4/0 snaps for the doll’s shirt, and 1/8 inch elastic for the doll’s skirt, you will have everything you need to sew the goodies you see here for your own dollhouse or 1:6 scale diorama:
Please show your appreciation for my free patterns and tutorials by sharing the image above (or my patterns or my tutorials) on your favorite social media platforms.
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can post or like them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
If you’re looking for a Christmas gift for a little girl, take a look at the Queens of Africa dolls like the one pictured in the images on this blog post. My Azeezah doll came with a cute little puppy, a brush, a purse, and some jewelry.
Special thanks to the Queens of Africa doll company for giving me permission to use images of their dolls in my patterns. Before I end this blog post, I’d like to give credit to the doll designer and creator (Taofick Okoya) and the brand Slice by Cake.