Last month I did a survey, in which I asked my regular followers this simple question and got the following answers as a result:
Question: What would you like me to post on Tuesdays?
- 26.92% = Just give us more patterns. That’s the best!
- 26.92% = Tell us which additional dolls can wear that week’s sewing project.
- 15.38% = Continue offering body measurements for dolls. I use them!
- 15.38% = Give us general sewing tips, like how to buy fabric and how to add lace to a garment, etc…
- 11.54% = Other (nobody left any comments to help me understand what “other” things might be helpful — maybe embroidery tutorials? Feel free to leave a comment below!)
- 3.85% = Show us additional photos of dolls wearing the project of the week.
This was interesting! Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey!
I plan to begin offering more patterns this week, but with each pattern, I’ll try to list which dolls can fit into that particular pattern as well.
As far as offering body measurements, perhaps I can create charts that list the body measurements of a series of dolls that all fall into a similar “clothes swap” range. I’ll add that to my Year 2020 goals, so even though I won’t be using my #TapeMeasureTuesday feature anymore, I’ll still offer measurements in a comparative chart format.
These lofty goals will take time, so be patient as I try to re-organize my site to fit your needs.
I’m also trying desperately to raise more money for another website overhaul. My website renovations last summer were time consuming, and I feel the final result is clunky at best. (Note the gallery-to-gallery page click-through method of downloading patterns that we’re currently using.)
I’m quickly running out of memory on the free WordPress site that I use, so an upgrade MUST happen, in order for me to continue uploading new patterns.
So I’ve re-opened my Etsy store and I’m starting to post sales on my eBay account as well. Click on those links to see what I have up for sale.
Hopefully, if I can earn enough money — I need to raise about $400 to pay for the upgrades I have in mind — I will be able to better meet your needs, my friendly followers! My $400 goal will pay for:
- a “Pro” account with WordPress for my website (so I can use plugins that allow you to go from gallery to PDF downloads seamlessly)
- more memory for my website (so I can upload new patterns)
- a one-year subscription to MS Word, so I can easily convert my JPG patterns to PDF patterns that are easy to download
I’ve tried the free PDF conversion programs, and they usually only allow you to convert one page to PDF, so the free versions aren’t a great solution because some of my 18″ doll clothes patterns are three or even four pages long. But if someone knows of a great free PDF program online, feel free to mention it in the comments.
If you are interested in helping me reach my goals, please consider purchasing one or more of the goods I have for sale in either my eBay account or on my Etsy store. This is just one small way you can pay me back for all the great free patterns I’ve been offering to my followers since 2014.