Today my daughter said, “Mom, what can we do to help the firefighters in Australia?” I immediately thought of my Firefighter Bear pattern. So here are the patterns you’ll need, if you want to make a Firefighter bear soft toy for the families of Australian firefighters:
You may need a re-fresher on how to do certain embroidery stitches for this firefighter bear, so here are some links you may find helpful:
- Here’s my “How to Thread an Embroidery Needle” video.
- My “How to Hem a Garment by Hand Using the Whipstitch” tutorial shows you the basic stitch we’ll be using to attach all of the felt pieces to the bear.
- The “Basic Sewing Stitch Tutorial” video will show you how to do the straight stitch, which I will mention in my DIY video for the bear project.
- I also mention the backstitch in my bear project video, and here’s my “Backstitch Tutorial.”
- Here’s a link to my satin stitch tutorial, which is used to make the bear’s mouth.
Remember that my patterns and tutorial videos are free to the public, using the Creative Commons Attribution mark. So to do your part, here are some helpful ways to tell the world about my patterns:
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can share them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!