Last week, on Tuesday, I offered a contest. Blog followers had to guess the name of one of three different dolls who can also wear these doll clothes:
Look back at last Tuesday’s post and scroll down to the comments to see if your doll can also wear this week’s pattern. These doll clothes will fit a lot of dolls! So it’s worth it to have a look.
Here are the basic body measurements for my World of Love dolls (two of which are shown above) for sewing purposes. Seam allowances are not included…
- Neck circumference… 4.2 cm
- Neck to shoulder seam… 1.7 cm
- Bust 9.5 cm
- Collar to true waist… 4 cm
- Underarm to true waist… 3.1 cm
- Sleeve inseam (underarm to cuff)… 5.6 cm
- Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff… 6.3 cm
- Sleeve circumference… 3.3 cm (upper arm)
- Waist… 5.9 cm
- Hip circumference… 9.9 cm
- Pants inseam (crotch to just below the ankle bone)… 10.6 cm
- Pants outseam (waist to just below the ankle bone)… 13.4 cm
- Pants leg circumference (upper thigh)… 5.4 cm
- Height not including hair… 9 inches or 22.8 cm
Today’s post includes a variation on last week’s pattern. The Capri pants from last week can also be sewn at a longer length, to create ankle pants for your dolls. If you look back at last week’s pattern, you’ll see that the pants are offered in two lengths: capris and ankle pants.
Flower is wearing my harvest-themed ankle pants in the image below.
You could follow the tutorial for making the capris, even if you were trying to make the ankle pants because, let’s face it… there’s only about a centimeter’s difference between the two.
Social media offers you an opportunity to share images of my dolls and talk about where you get all your free patterns. That’s how I make a little bit of money to keep this blog running. So if you enjoy my free patterns and tutorial videos, remember to share my photos and jpg pattern images all over the internet!
Here are some helpful ways to tell the world about my patterns:
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can post or like them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!