Got any undies with holes in them? Or pairs of unmentionables your kids have outgrown? Why not make them into a pair of doll socks?
But please… MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLEAN first! 🤪
Today’s super easy craft project requires very little sewing skill, but just to be sure you can handle the wee bit of sewing that’s involved, here are a couple of links to my super simple sewing tutorials:
- How to do the straight stitch (super easy, even for very young learners)
- How to do a backstitch (still easy, but for those who already have some sewing practice)
Other projects brand new sewists might enjoy:
- Super easy felt doll shirt for 11-inch fashion dolls
- Super easy felt doll shirt for 18-inch dolls
- Simple elastic waist skirt for 11-inch fashion dolls
- Simple elastic waist skirt for 15-inch dolls (scroll down after you get there)
- Simple elastic waist skirt for 18-inch dolls
You can make a pair of doll’s socks for any of these different doll sizes by simply following the directions in the tutorial video at the top of this page.
Remember, if you enjoy my free printable sewing patterns and tutorials, please share them on social media! It really helps my website grow, if you help spread the word!
Today’s blog post is a re-post of a tutorial I made back in 2020, but as many of you know, I’m a school librarian. I’m creating this blog post the day before school starts (I create my posts a week or two before you see them), so with school getting underway, this is a very busy time for me. I hope you don’t mind the repeat!