Scroll down to the second set of bullets for the free PDF sewing patterns.
For today’s sailor’s hat, you might want to refresh your knowledge of hand stitching. Along with the PDF sewing pattern, I’ve included a few helpful bullets for hand-stitching tutorial videos.
Today’s free printable PDF patterns will fit the following dolls or action figures:
- 12 inch (30.5 cm) GI Joe action figures
- 12 inch (30.5 cm) Action Man action figures
- 12 inch Broad Ken dolls
- 12 inch WWE wrestler action figures
- 16-17 inch (40.5 cm to 43 cm) Tonner Fashion Dolls
And here are the patterns and tutorial videos you’re looking for:
- Free printable PDF sewing pattern for making a felt sailor’s cap / hat for 12 inch action figures
- Tutorial video showing how to make the sailor’s cap (at the top of this page)
- How to do a backstitch
- How to use a needle threader
- How to tie a knot using a needle and thread
If you love my patterns and tutorials, please consider telling friends and family about this website and all that it offers:
- You can pin my patterns on Pinterest.
- You can share my YouTube videos on Facebook.
- You can tweet about the things I make and do.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you, to help spread the word about this website!
Here’s an image to share on social media:
To read more about my free sewing patterns and tutorials, please visit the “Helpful Tips” page.
Disclaimer/Credit/Affiliate Marketing Link:
To honor the trademark rights of the doll and action figure companies mentioned in this blog post, I am including links to their websites here. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned.
GI Joe and Action Man action figures are owned and distributed by Hasbro Pulse, which holds the registered trademark for these toys (™). Please visit the Hasbro Toy website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys. This link will also help you find Action Man figures specifically, and those figures are still distributed throughout the United Kingdom.
Broad Ken, the WWE wrestler action figures and the Endless Hair Princess Barbie are products offered by Mattel, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Mattel Toys website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Tonner fashion dolls are products that were once offered by the Tonner doll company, which held the registered trademark for them (™), but it is no longer in business. However you can still learn about this company’s history on Wikipedia and purchased used dolls from eBay.