Scroll down to the second set of bullets for the free PDF sewing patterns.
Last Thursday I gave you a pattern and tutorial video for making a cute V-neck “holiday top” with a ruffle for a sleeve. This pattern was designed to fit most 18-inch dolls.
Well today I’m combining that ruffle-sleeve top concept with my “schoolgirl skirt” for 18″ dolls to make the outfit you see at the top of this post. But there’s one caviat: today’s pattern is for a round-neck top instead of a V-neck top.
You can follow the V-neck top’s directions to make the round-neck top though. The instructions are pretty much identical, but the neckline will look just a wee bit different in the video tutorial. So please bear that in mind. Other than that, the instructions are pretty much the same.
Today’s free printable PDF doll clothes sewing patterns will fit the following dolls:
- 18-inch dolls like the Adora Amazing Girls dolls
- 18-inch dolls like the Our Generation Journey Girls
- 18-inch dolls like the “My Life As” Dolls
- 18-inch dolls like 18-inch Dolls from American Girl doll company
- 18-inch dolls like City Girls from the New York Doll Collection
- 18-inch dolls like Madame Alexander 45 to 46 cm dolls
And here are the patterns and tutorial videos you’re looking for:
- Pattern for 18″ doll round-neck shirt and schoolgirl skirt
- Tutorial video showing how to make the ruffle-sleeve top
- Tutorial video showing how to make the schoolgirl skirt
Remember that you can show your appreciation for my free sewing patterns and tutorials by sharing them on Pinterest, Twitter, and other social media platforms. As it says at the end of the video, it actually helps me out a lot if you share them!