This week we’re making a series of Valentine’s Day dresses for fashion dolls. Below you’ll find my free printable PDF sewing pattern and a link to an older tutorial video for the dress shown in the image at the top of the page:
- Free printable sewing pattern for Valentine’s Day dresses to fit 11.5-inch fashion dolls.
- Video tutorial showing how to make the dress shown in the image above
The older tutorial shows me making this dress out of two different fabrics, but this year I thought I’d experiment with just one fabric for this dress. I really like how it turned out!
Yesterday we made the red pencil skirt Valentine’s Day dress that you saw in Monday’s blog post. (Click here for yesterday’s video tutorial for the red pencil skirt dress.)
This week’s free PDF sewing pattern also includes the short skirt version, which appears in the JPG image below:
It will be a little late for Valentine’s Day, but I’m planning to post the short skirt version on Monday, February 17th. Let’s consider that dress an Easter Day dress, since it has more of a floral design, shall we?
As always, please share these images using the social media of your choice. It really helps my website grow if you spread the word by sharing my photos and videos.
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can share or like them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Tag me on Instagram when you finish sewing this project and use #ChellyWoodPatterns to show off what you’ve made.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
Today’s blog post features Azeezah, a Queens of Africa doll. You can buy a Queens of Africa doll on Amazon or on their website: https://queensofafricadolls.com/
Special thanks to Taofick Okoya for giving ChellyWood.com special permission to use this doll in videos, photos, and publications. Learn more about how Mr. Okoya was inspired to design these dolls at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR02X1G0q1A