Are you looking for the patterns? Scroll down to the second set of bullets.
Today’s pants and shirt patterns first appeared on my website in March, on my little mini Elsa dolls, but I never made a tutorial video for making this particular pattern because they’re a lot like the pants and shirts I’ve made for Skipper, Barbie, and a number of other dolls.
So I’m referring you to older tutorial videos that show you how to make similar pants and shirts for other, bigger dolls. The sewing steps are exactly the same, regardless of the dolls.
In fact, if you’d like to learn how I re-size patterns from large to small and from small to large, that’s something I teach you in my “How to Alter Doll Clothes Patterns” class on Creative Spark.
For a one-time fee of $49.99, I will show you how to take Skipper-sized patterns and re-size them to fit smaller dolls. And vice versa. You get almost 50 videos on various doll clothes pattern alterations topics, ranging from how to design your own waistband for a skirt, to lengthening and shortening pants patterns. There’s no time limit to finish the course either. Click here to learn more.
To make today’s pants for your 6 inch Strawberry Shortcake doll (or similar sized dolls), you’ll need some cotton fabric and 1/8 inch wide elastic. To make the felt shirt, you’ll need some craft felt and size 4/0 snaps.
Which dolls will fit these doll clothes?
- Mattel’s Chelsea dolls (5.5 inches or 13.5 cm)
- 6-inch Enchantimals dolls (15 cm)
- Strawberry Shortcake 6 inch (15 cm) dolls
- some dollhouse-sized dolls (1:12 scale)
- Disney’s Elsa mini toddler dolls
Free patterns and tutorial videos for making this outfit:
- free PDF printable doll clothes sewing pattern for 4 inch to 5 inch dolls
- tutorial video showing how to make a felt sleeveless shirt (video shows another doll, but the steps are the same)
- tutorial video showing how to make a pair of elastic waist cotton pants
- Tutorial video showing how to do a whipstitch
- Tutorial video showing how to pull elastic through a casing
- Tutorial video showing how to sew snaps on fabric
Please remember that my free doll clothes pattern website counts on having lots of visitors to view the ads, so please tell a friend about this site! When it comes to my patterns and tutorial videos, there’s a lot you can do to help spread the word:
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can share them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
Also note that I am not affiliated with any of the doll or miniatures companies mentioned in this post, but to honor their trademark rights, I am including links to their websites in the section below. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned here.
Disclaimer/Credit/Affiliate Marketing Link:
To honor the trademark rights of the doll and action figure companies mentioned in this blog post, I am including links to their websites here. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned.
Enchantimals, Kelly, Heart Family baby dolls, and Chelsea dolls are products offered by Mattel, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Mattel Toys website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Strawberry Shortcake dolls are products offered by Shortcake IP Holdings LLC, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Strawberry Shortcake website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Disney’s Anna and Elsa mini toddler dolls are products offered by the Disney corporation, which holds the trademark for them (™). Please visit the Disney Toys website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.