Are you looking for the patterns? Scroll down to the second set of bullets.
Today I’m sharing with you a free, printable PDF sewing pattern for making a cotton bonnet, which will fit 5 inch vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls and a few other small dolls too. Have a look at the first set of bullets to determine whether or not this project will fit your tiny doll.
Here’s how the bonnet looks from the back:
And here it is from the front:
This is a side view:
Which dolls will fit this little bonnet?
- vintage Strawberry Shortcake 5 inch (13 cm) dolls
- 6.75 inch Strawberry Shortcake dolls (17 cm)
- 8 inch Bratz dolls
- 8 and 1/4 inch Dora the Explorer dolls
Free patterns and tutorial videos for making this bonnet:
- free PDF printable doll clothes sewing pattern for bonnet
- tutorial video showing how to make the bonnet (at the top of this page)
- tutorial video explaining how to use lace for various doll clothes projects
- tutorial video showing how to use the whipstitch
- tutorial video showing how to do a backstitch
- tutorial video showing how to gather fabric
Please remember that my free doll clothes pattern website counts on having lots of visitors to view the ads, so please tell a friend about this site! When it comes to my patterns and tutorial videos, there’s a lot you can do to help spread the word:
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can share them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
Also note that I am not affiliated with any of the doll or miniatures companies mentioned in this post, but to honor their trademark rights, I am including links to their websites in the section below. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned here.
Disclaimer/Credit/Affiliate Marketing Link:
To honor the trademark rights of the doll and action figure companies mentioned in this blog post, I am including links to their websites here. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned.
Bratz dolls are products offered by MGA Entertainment, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the MGA Entertainment website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Strawberry Shortcake dolls are products offered by Shortcake IP Holdings LLC, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Strawberry Shortcake website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Dora the Explorer dolls and toys are products associated with the original Nickelodeon series, and as far as I can tell, ViacomCBS owns the trademark for these products. (I was unable to find the trademark in the US trademark registry, but it’s probably an error on my part.)