UPDATE TO THIS POST: Please note that the 4.75 inch (blond and pink-haired) Greenbrier doll that appears in this post has recently been discovered to contain harmful chemicals! Visit this website to learn more or go to the CPSC.gov website for more detailed information on toy recalls.
This week we’re making a teeny-tiny easy-to-sew felt-and-cotton dress for 4-inch or 5-inch dolls.
My Greenbrier doll which I’ve been designing patterns for (shown in the center, in the photo above) is 4.75 inches tall, as you’ll see in the measurements below…
Can you guess which other 4-inch or 5-inch dolls can fit into this week’s dress project?
Leave your guesses in the comments below today’s doll measurements please, and I’ll let you know whether you’re right or wrong (with the caveat that I have to actually own the doll you’re guessing so I can try the dress on her).
So here are today’s #TapeMeasureTuesday measurements for my 4.75-inch Greenbrier doll:
- Neck circumference… 3.5 cm
- Neck to shoulder seam… 7 mm
- Bust 6 cm
- Collar to true waist… 2.2 cm
- Underarm to true waist… 1.1 cm
- Sleeve inseam (underarm to cuff)… 3.2 cm
- Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff… 3.7 cm
- Sleeve circumference (upper arm bicep)… 2.8 cm
- Waist … 6.3 cm
- Hip circumference… 6.7 cm
- Pants inseam (crotch to just below the ankle bone)… 3.2 cm
- Pants outseam (waist to just below the ankle bone)… 6 cm
- Pants leg circumference (upper thigh)… 3.2 cm
- Height not including hair… 4.75 inches or 12 cm
And to everyone, I want to say thanks for helping to promote my free patterns and tutorials by freely sharing any/all images from this website on social media! You guys have been great about that, and I truly appreciate it!