These lovely little Hearts4Hearts dolls are super fun to pose for the camera because they have more articulation than some of the other dolls in the 14-inch size range. These dolls are also connected to humanitarian aide.
For each H4H doll purchased, the company donates a portion of their proceeds to World Vision, a global humanitarian organization. To learn more about the Hearts4Hearts Girls and the charitable projects they’re involved with, head over to their Facebook page.
One of the tricky things about hooded clothing is making sure the hood will fit your doll’s head. Thankfully, though, if you take the right measurements, you can widen the gusset in this week’s hooded raincoat sewing project (or narrow it), as needed, to make sure the hood fits your doll.
I’ve actually posted sewing measurements for Hearts4Hearts dolls before on ChellyWood.com, but today I’m adding a few head measurements for the special requirements needed to fit into the hood.
Would you like to compare your 14 inch doll’s measurements to a Hearts for Hearts Girl?
Here are the basic body measurements for my Consuelo doll (shown above) for sewing purposes. Seam allowances are not included…
- Neck circumference… 10 cm
- Neck to shoulder seam… 2 cm
- Bust 16.7 cm
- Collar to true waist… 7.5 cm
- Underarm to true waist… 4.2 cm
- Sleeve inseam (underarm to cuff)… 9 cm
- Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff… 10.4 cm
- Sleeve circumference… 9.5 cm (cuff)
- Waist… 15.2 cm
- Hip circumference… 18.6 cm
- Pants inseam (crotch to just below the ankle bone)… 13.5 cm
- Pants outseam (waist to just below the ankle bone)… 19 cm
- Pants leg circumference (upper thigh)… 11 cm
- Height not including hair… 14 inches or 35.5 cm
Additional Head Measurements:
- Horizontal circumference of head at the forehead (like a headband would fit)… 10.5 inches or 27 cm
- Mid-forehead to back of the neck (measure where the gusset piece goes)… 7 inches or 17.7 cm
- Ear to ear across the top of the head (like the opening of the hood at the face)… 6 and 3/4 inches or 17.5 cm
Do you need help measuring your dolls? Here’s a tutorial video that might help.
Keep your eye on ChellyWood.com for these upcoming patterns that fit dolls in the 13-inch, 14-inch, 15-inch, and 16-inches tall range. Some even fit 17-inch dolls!
If you love my free patterns and tutorials, please consider telling friends and family about this website and all that it offers:
- You can pin my patterns on Pinterest.
- You can post or like my patterns and videos on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you, to help spread the word!
To read more about my free sewing patterns and tutorials, please visit the “Helpful Tips” page.