In May and June, I gave you some free printable sewing patterns to fit the 6-inch American Girl Mini dolls. Well guess what… these patterns also fit the 8″ Dora the Explorer dolls!
These images show my Dora and Friends “Alana” doll wearing an outfit I designed to fit 6″ American Girl dolls. She looks fantastic in this outfit!
For your convenience, here are the patterns and tutorials you’ll need, if you want to make the outfit shown above:
In case you missed the earlier renditions of this pattern, here are links to the tutorials showing you:
- how to make the underwear for your 8″ Dora and Friends dolls
- how to make the T-shirt for your 8″ Dora and Friends dolls
- how to make the skirt for your 8″ Dora and Friends dolls
Now don’t be confused when you click on those tutorials and pattern, because the 6″ AG dolls and the 8″ Dora and Friends dolls can — at least to some extent — swap clothes, as you’ll see below…
So today’s #TapeMeasureTuesday offers both the measurements for the little 6″ AG dolls, and measurements for the Dora and Friends dolls.
First, let’s review my 6″ American Girl doll‘s official measurements from an earlier blog post:
- Neck circumference… 5.3 cm
- Neck to shoulder seam… 1.9 cm
- Bust 9.6 cm
- Collar to true waist… 3.5 cm
- Underarm to true waist… 1.6 cm
- Sleeve inseam (underarm to cuff)… 4.4 cm
- Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff… 4.5 cm
- Sleeve circumference (upper arm bicep)… 3.7 cm
- Waist … 9 cm
- Hip circumference… 9.8 cm
- Pants inseam (crotch to just below the ankle bone)… 6 cm
- Pants outseam (waist to just below the ankle bone)… 9 cm
- Pants leg circumference (upper thigh)… 5.6 cm
- Height not including hair… 6.5 inches or 16.5 cm
And here are the Dora and Friends dolls‘ measurements in comparison:
- Neck circumference… 3.8 cm
- Neck to shoulder seam… 11 mm
- Bust 9.8 cm
- Collar to true waist… 3.7 cm
- Underarm to true waist… 1.6 cm
- Sleeve inseam (underarm to cuff)… 5.1 cm
- Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff… 6 cm
- Sleeve circumference (hand at widest point)… 4.5 cm
- Waist … 8.8 cm
- Hip circumference… 10.7 cm
- Pants inseam (crotch to just below the ankle bone)… 6.6 cm
- Pants outseam (waist to just below the ankle bone)… 9.7 cm
- Pants leg circumference (upper thigh)… 5.3 cm
- Height not including hair… 20.2 cm or 8 inches
Here’s an image of the two dolls together, so you can visually compare them:
You may notice that my six inch American Girl doll is wearing a pair of shorts. Last May and June I didn’t publish the tutorial for making these shorts, as they were one of the last tutorials that I made for this doll clothes pattern set.
This week I’m going to post the tutorial for making these shorts, which actually fit both the 6″ American Girl dolls and the 8″ Dora and Friends “Alana” doll. So when you see that video post, remember that the shorts will also fit your mini American Girl dolls.
And to everyone, I want to say thanks for helping to promote my free patterns and tutorials by freely sharing any/all images from this website on social media! You guys have been great about that, and I truly appreciate it!
One thought on “#TapeMeasureTuesday: Dora the Explorer #dolls can wear 6-inch American Girl Doll Clothes!”
Thank you! I love the Dora dolls and am looking forward to making them some new outfits!