Are you looking for the patterns? Scroll down to the third set of bullets.
Today I’m sharing with you a free, printable PDF sewing pattern for making a cotton and lace dress or nightgown, which will fit 5 inch vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls and a few other small dolls too. Have a look at the first two sets of bullets to determine whether or not this project will fit your tiny doll.
Which dolls will fit these doll clothes?
- Mattel’s Chelsea dolls (5.5 inches or 13.5 cm) –the skirt is slightly shorter
- vintage Strawberry Shortcake 5 inch (13 cm) dolls
For the following dolls, this dress will fit, but the sleeves are 3/4 length and the skirt is shorter:
- 6.75 inch Strawberry Shortcake dolls (17 cm)
- some dollhouse-sized dolls (1:12 scale)
- 7 inch Lottie dolls
- Disney’s Anna and Elsa mini toddler dolls
Free patterns and tutorial videos for making this outfit:
- free PDF printable doll clothes sewing pattern for small doll lace dress or nightgown
- tutorial video showing how to make the dress (at the top of this page)
- tutorial video explaining how to use lace for various doll clothes projects
- tutorial video showing how to use the whipstitch
- tutorial video showing how to do a backstitch
- tutorial video showing how to sew snaps on fabric
- tutorial video showing how to gather fabric
Please remember that my free doll clothes pattern website counts on having lots of visitors to view the ads, so please tell a friend about this site! When it comes to my patterns and tutorial videos, there’s a lot you can do to help spread the word:
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can share them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
Also note that I am not affiliated with any of the doll or miniatures companies mentioned in this post, but to honor their trademark rights, I am including links to their websites in the section below. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned here.
Disclaimer/Credit/Affiliate Marketing Link:
To honor the trademark rights of the doll and action figure companies mentioned in this blog post, I am including links to their websites here. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned.
Strawberry Shortcake dolls are products offered by Shortcake IP Holdings LLC, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Strawberry Shortcake website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Disney’s Anna and Elsa mini toddler dolls are products offered by the Disney corporation, which holds the trademark for them (™). Please visit the Disney Toys website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Lottie dolls are manufactured and designed by Arklu (Ireland) Ltd., in Donegal, Ireland, and Arklu holds the registered trademark (™) for them in the US. Lottie dolls are distributed in the USA by Schylling, Inc. These dolls are distributed in the UK, Ireland, France, and Italy by Bigjigs Toys Ltd. Visit Lottie.com to learn more about these wonderful toys that were inspired by kids.