Scroll down to the second set of bullets to download the free printable PDF sewing pattern.
A lot of families are busy getting ready for back-to-school this week, if school hasn’t already started yet. Why not inspire your kids by creating a back-to-school dress for your kids’ or grandkids’ dolls with today’s free printable PDF sewing pattern for this cute dress that fits Mattel’s Chelsea dolls?
This dress pattern has been available for Kelly dolls on my website, in the past. You may remember seeing it on this doll:
To make this dress, you’ll need some cotton small print fabric for the skirt and sleeves, some craft felt for the bodice, and some 1/4 inch double fold bias tape for the cuffs and the skirt’s trim. I also recommend using three or four Dritz size 1/0 snaps for the back closure.
Which dolls will these patterns fit?
- Mattel’s Chelsea dolls (5.5 inches or 13.5 cm)
- 6-inch Enchantimals dolls (15 cm)
- some dollhouse-sized dolls (1:12 scale)
- Mattel’s Kelly dolls (4 inches or 10 cm)
- Mattel’s vintage Heart Family baby doll (4 inches tall)
Free patterns and tutorial videos for making these doll clothes:
- Tutorial video showing how to make the dress with sleeves
- Free printable PDF sewing pattern for this and two other dresses
- Video showing how to gather fabric
- Video showing how to add bias tape to a garment
- Video showing how to use the whipstitch
Please remember that my free doll clothes pattern website counts on having lots of visitors to view the ads and purchase the supplies (using my affiliate links), so please tell a friend about this site! When it comes to my patterns and tutorial videos, there’s a lot you can do to help spread the word:
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can share them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
The image below is for easy sharing and pinning online, to help spread the word about my website and its free patterns and tutorial videos:
Disclaimer/Credit/Affiliate Marketing Link:
To honor the trademark rights of the doll companies mentioned in this blog post, I am including links to their websites here. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned.
Chelsea, Kelly, Heart Family baby dolls, and Enchantimals dolls are products offered by Mattel, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Mattel Toys website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.