As I said on Wednesday last week, my agent has been in talks with C&T Publishing, and they have asked me to teach a class on their Creative Spark Online Learning platform.
Last week I asked, “What type of class would you like me to teach?” but very few people left comments.
So let’s try Plan B…
If I offered the following classes, which one would you be willing to PAY for? (There are more detailed explanations provided below the poll.)
- How to make a bendable cloth doll and a wardrobe to fit him/her (the doll would be made of cloth, but it would have posable arms, legs, and neck)
- How to make stop motion videos with dolls (including set design techniques, video and photography tips, puppeteering, sound effects, and costuming)
- How to alter doll clothes patterns you already own (turn shorts into pants, widen an existing pattern to fit a bigger doll, change a sleeve design, etc.)
- How to apply notions to your doll clothes (lace, ribbons, buttons, zippers, rickrack, patches, etc…)
- How to teach a child to sew doll clothes (lessons for the parent or teacher, to guide them in teaching the child)
This is what excites me the most… You know that doll clothes design book I have been waiting to publish? If enough people sign up for my classes on Creative Spark, then C&T Publishing will probably make me an offer for publishing my book!
Feel free to add a comment or suggest a different class topic.
11 thoughts on “Please vote! @ ChellyWood.com #SewingProjects #DollClothes”
Hi, What if there are more than one class you are interested in? What is the cost of the class? I’m not sure I can afford it because I am retired and live on a fixed income. 🙂
What two or three classes would you be interested in? Feel free to add to this string of comments, Geri.
Hi, Yes LMR is Little Miss Revlon. Have they come up with a cost for the class? Thank You:)
It could be a while before they come up with a cost for the class. My agent is still in talks with the publisher’s editor.
But if you go to their website, it’ll give you some idea of the price range for their classes on Creative Spark.
Hi, I hope they won’t be to expensive. I’m retired and live on a fixed income and also with covid a lot of people lost their jobs. Thanks:)
How to alter doll clothes patterns to fit LMR dolls, and how to find and use notions on doll clothes.:)
By “LMR dolls,” I assume you mean Little Miss Revlon. Is that correct?
And thank you for clarifying about which classes interested you! 🙂
I would love to take a class. The only problem is that we live an area where we use a satellite for the internet so a class would need to be something I could watch when the satellite signal is stronger. My internet buffers a lot so to watch a video takes a long time. I love your videos and posts. And for the record– my second choice is for a bendable doll and wardrobe. Thanks and still need to carve out the time to watch your Romeo and Juliet video.
Great! Thanks for letting me know the details! C&T Publishing’s Creative Spark videos are available on-demand (at least, that’s the format they’ve been using so far), so I don’t think timing will be a problem.
I would love the bendable doll video. I hope it won’t be cost prohibitive. Looks like others are concerned about that as well.
Thanks for letting me know. 🙂