Your input is needed, my faithful followers! What type of class would you like me to teach? Please leave a comment to help generate some ideas.
Here are some thoughts I’ve had, but as I’ve said, feel free to type additional ideas in the comments section below:
- How to make a bendable cloth doll and a wardrobe to fit him/her (the doll would be made of cloth, but it would have posable arms, legs, and neck)
- How to make stop motion videos with dolls (including set design techniques, video and photography tips, puppeteering, sound effects, and costuming)
- How to alter doll clothes patterns you already own (turn shorts into pants, widen an existing pattern to fit a bigger doll, change a sleeve design, etc.)
- How to apply notions to your doll clothes (lace, ribbons, buttons, zippers, rickrack, patches, etc…)
- How to teach a child to sew doll clothes (lessons for the parent or teacher, to guide them in teaching the child)
Or maybe there’s a series of outfits you’d like me to design for a specific doll, and offer those patterns and tutorials exclusively through Creative Spark.
For example, I could design a series of historical costumes to fit American Girl dolls and offer those patterns and tutorials exclusively on Creative Spark. Or I could design super hero costumes for Made-to-Move Barbie dolls and offer those tutorials exclusively on Creative Spark.
This will be a class you would have to pay for, so the topic of the class series would need to be something I don’t already offer for free, here on ChellyWood.com, and it would need to be a concept you find super helpful (enough to be willing to pay for the class).
Here’s the exciting news… You know that book I have been waiting to publish? (Its “working title” is Easy Doll Clothes Design Techniques.) If enough people sign up for my classes on Creative Spark, then C&T Publishing will probably make me an offer for publishing my book! This would truly be a dream come true!
So please help me choose a topic that genuinely interests you, my faithful followers! What type of class would you like me to teach? What type of class would you be willing to pay for? Please leave thoughtful comments below.