Please scroll to the very bottom of this page for today’s free ghost costume pattern.
During the summer, I showed you how adaptable this easy-to-sew ghost costume is. Just look at my Chelsea doll below! She’s wearing a cactus costume that I made using green felt for the ghost costume and cutting out a hole for her face.
For more details on how to make the cactus version, click here.
I suppose you could use the ghost pattern to make other characters… sew it out of yellow felt and make an orange mane for a lion costume, for example. Use your imagination to come up with any variations that suit you.
If you’d like to make today’s Halloween candy bucket, you’ll need some 1/4 inch emerald green velveteen ribbon for the strap/handle, some green embroidery floss for the decorative stitching, along with one swatch of orange craft felt and another swatch of black of craft felt.
And of course, the costume itself is made out of craft felt too.
Which dolls will this ghost costume fit?
- 6″ classic Breyer Rider dolls (1:12 scale)
- Mattel’s Chelsea dolls (5.5 inches or 13.5 cm)
- 6-inch Enchantimals dolls (15 cm)
- some dollhouse-sized dolls (1:12 scale)
Free patterns and tutorial videos for making this outfit:
- free PDF printable doll clothes sewing pattern for small doll’s ghost costume
- tutorial video showing how to make the original ghost costume
- cactus costume adaptation
- free PDF sewing pattern for making a mini jack-o’-lantern candy bucket
- tutorial video showing how to make the jack-o’-lantern candy bucket
- How to attach ribbon to doll clothes
- How to do a whipstitch
- How to do a backstitch
Enchantimals and Chelsea dolls are products offered by Mattel, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Mattel Toys website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Breyer dolls and horses are products offered by Breyer, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Breyer website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.