Are you looking for the patterns? Scroll down to the second set of bullets.
I recently purchased a Blueberry Muffin doll on eBay:
Along with a Butter Cookie doll:
Both of these dolls can wear today’s free pattern, as you can see in the pictures provided. Which means that today’s tiny sun dress pattern is very versatile and will likely fit any of the Kenner Strawberry Shortcake regular-sized and toddler-sized dolls from the 1980’s.
You’ll notice that the dress fits my 3 and a half inch Butter Cookie toddler doll like a long dress, whereas it fits Blueberry Muffin more like a play dress. Be aware of this difference when deciding whether or not this patter will work for you.
Which dolls will fit these doll clothes?
- Mattel’s Kelly dolls (3.75 inches or 10 cm)
- vintage Kenner Strawberry Shortcake 5 inch (13 cm) dolls
- vintage 3.5 inch Kenner Strawberry Shortcake dolls (10 cm)
- some dollhouse-sized dolls that look like children (1:12 scale)
Free patterns and tutorial videos for making this outfit:
- free PDF printable doll sun dress sewing pattern for 3.5-inch to 5-inch dolls
- tutorial showing how to make this dress (see video at the top of this post)
Please remember that my free doll clothes pattern website counts on having lots of visitors to view the ads, so please tell a friend about this site! When it comes to my patterns and tutorial videos, there’s a lot you can do to help spread the word:
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can share them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
Also note that I am not affiliated with any of the doll or miniatures companies mentioned in this post, but to honor their trademark rights, I am including links to their websites in the section below. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned here.
Strawberry Shortcake dolls are products offered by Shortcake IP Holdings LLC, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Strawberry Shortcake website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.