Are you looking for the patterns? Please scroll down to the second set of bullets.
This past spring, I purchased a Blueberry Muffin doll on eBay, and I discovered that she can easily fit into a number of dresses I designed to fit the Mattel Chelsea doll.
I’m guessing today’s free printable PDF sewing pattern for this folk dress will fit any of the vintage Kenner Strawberry Shortcake regular-sized dolls from the 1980’s.
Some of you have submitted requests using my “Contact” button, and it was about a year ago when I first got a request for vintage-sized-Strawberry-Shortcake doll clothes. I do continually revisit my list of requests, which I keep in a spiral notebook in my daily planner. So for those of you who submitted requests recently, here’s proof that I do try to fill requests whenever possible.
Which dolls will fit these doll clothes?
- Mattel’s Chelsea 5.5 inch (14 cm) dolls
- vintage Kenner Strawberry Shortcake 5 inch (13 cm) dolls
- Enchantimals 6-inch (15-16 cm) dolls
- 6″ classic Breyer Rider dolls (1:12 scale)
- some dollhouse-sized dolls that look like children (1:12 scale)
Free patterns and tutorial videos for making this outfit:
- free PDF printable doll clothes sewing pattern for small doll’s “folk” dress
- free tutorial showing how to make “folk” dress
- free tutorial showing how to gather fabric
- my free whipstitch hem tutorial
- my free backstitch tutorial
- my free straight stitch tutorial
- my free tutorial showing how to sew snaps on fabric
Please remember that my free doll clothes pattern website counts on having lots of visitors to view the ads, so please tell a friend about this site! When it comes to my patterns and tutorial videos, there’s a lot you can do to help spread the word:
- You can pin them on Pinterest.
- You can share them on Facebook.
- You can tweet about them.
- Use any other form of social media that appeals to you!
Also note that I am not affiliated with any of the doll or miniatures companies mentioned in this post, but to honor their trademark rights, I am including links to their websites in the section below. Please feel free to visit their website and consider purchasing one or more of the dolls mentioned here.
Chelsea and Enchantimals dolls are products offered by Mattel, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Mattel Toys website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Strawberry Shortcake dolls are products offered by Shortcake IP Holdings LLC, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Strawberry Shortcake website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.
Breyer dolls and horses are products offered by Breyer, which holds the registered trademark for them (™). Please visit the Breyer website to learn more about their company and its trademarked toys.