In the image above, you can see my 28-inch “Just Play” Barbie wearing a handmade sweater and an argyle skirt with knife pleats. This Barbie is a lot of fun to sew for because she’s so big, like sewing for a little child!
Right now, there are not a lot of outfits available for these 28″ beauties.
But, I’m here to help! With the free patterns and tutorials below, you’ll be sewing adorable outfits for your super-sized Barbies in no time!
- Free printable sewing patterns for 28 inch doll shirt or sweater in PDF downloadable pattern format
- Free printable patterns for 28 inch doll shirt in MS Word doc format for easy download
- Video showing how to make the shirt or sweater
- FREE PDF download of argyle skirt pattern with knife pleats
- MS Word version of argyle skirt pattern with knife pleats
- Video showing how to make the skirt with knife pleats
A word to the wise: knife pleats are somewhat challenging because they require precise measurements, so if you’re a beginner, you might want to make this skirt instead. It’s a little easier.