Last weekend I launched a new feature, here on ChellyWood.com: the opportunity to share your handmade doll clothes and doll crafts.
I frequently get “fan mail” from followers who have made something lovely, using my patterns and /or tutorial videos. I’ve gotten so many of these emails and comments, that I decided it was time to create a gallery especially for you.
Here’s a link to the new Share Your Creations! page.
If you’d like to share an image of something you’ve made using my patterns and/or doll crafts, feel free to use the Submit a Question form to first introduce yourself and describe what you’ve made.
Here’s how to submit:
- Introduce yourself in the initial message, and please explain what you’ve made.
- If it sounds like something I can post here, I will reply to your email, asking you to send it as an attachment.
- Next, please respond to my email by sending me a photo with an explanation telling me which pattern and/or tutorial videos inspired your doll-related creation.
- Please do not send any links, as this may drop your email into my spam folder.
- Send no more than three photos per person, per month.
- Advertising your Etsy store or Ebay store or other social media venue is fine, but please create a small watermark on your image for this. Microsoft Paint is an easy-to-use, free form of software for this purpose. There are also some wonderful free paint apps and programs available. Watermarks should take up less than 20% of the picture.
- Be aware that there’s a disclaimer on the Share Your Creations! page that states “Display on this page does not indicate endorsement by ChellyWood.com or affiliation to the person or business that submitted the images.”
- Your image size will change because I use screenshots to save followers’ images. This helps me avoid getting unwanted viruses from fans and followers who usually mean well and don’t realize that their computer has a virus!
- I reserve the right to reject images without explanation. (Sometimes I just don’t have time to upload pics for various reasons. Sorry!)
- If you don’t see your image go up within 30 days, feel free to email me again. In this case, try re-wording your message so it doesn’t end up in my spam folder.
- All images need to be doll-related. You can post images of doll clothes you created using my patterns and/or doll clothes you adapted using my patterns, and/or crafts (like miniatures) that you created with inspiration from my tutorial videos.
- Feel free to pin your creation from the Share Your Creations! page to your Pinterest pages and/or link to this website from other social media venues.
- WordPress, my website platform, only allows 99 images in each gallery. That means that when I add a new image to the gallery, your image may get deleted. I have no control over this. Simply put, that means your image will only stay up on the Gallery for a brief time before it will be replaced by someone else’s image. The amount of time your image is displayed, will vary depending upon how many images are submitted to me each month.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please add a comment to this page.