I have all the photos and stop motion videos completed for the production of Acts 4 and 5, but I’ve had a creative block for almost a year now. I guess I was hoping these videos would be received with more excitement from my followers, so it was a bit anticlimactic when not even one of the three acts’ videos reached a thousand views on YouTube.
I’d really like to finish the Romeo and Juliet project in spite of my drop in self-confidence as a stop motion film producer. So I’m going to ask for a couple of favors from my regular followers:
- Leave a comment with honest advice about how I can improve my stop-motion videos to get more views.
- Once I’ve revised these videos (as per your advice), please help me promote them by sharing them on social media.
Here are some questions I have, which you are welcome to address in your comments (or add any unique thoughts you have):
- Would a “storytelling” approach be more appealing?
- Should I give the dolls voices?
- Should I put all five acts into one long video, or is it okay to keep each act as a separate video?
- Is the music distracting?
- Are the sound effects too distracting?
- Can you suggest ways to advertise the production, so that it gets noticed more?
Please share your opinions in the comments section with brutal honesty, as I really want to improve my films.
Once I’ve revised these videos, I plan to re-post them on my YouTube channel, so don’t bother promoting them until the new version is done.
On a side note, for those of you who live in the United States, today is our Thanksgiving holiday. Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂